Bay County Certified Criminal Law Experts
Many people searching for an experienced criminal defense attorney do not know where to begin. Instead of simply conducting a random Internet search or talking to friends and family, you should always turn to the Florida attorneys certified as criminal law experts by the Florida Bar. The certified experts in Bay County, Florida are as follows:
- Jonathan Wesley Dingus
- Paul Gordon Komarek
- R. Mann, Jr.
- Walter Brooks Smith
- Robert Scott Sombathy
- Dustin Scott Stephenson
- Gregory Thomas Wilson
Why you can count on a Board Certified criminal expert
The Florida Bar1 will not issue board certification as a criminal law expert to anyone with a law license. Instead, the organization sets out strict criteria that must be met in order to qualify as an expert. Some of the qualifications include the following:
- Passing a written examination on criminal law
- Approval by peers
- At least five years of active legal practice with a certain amount of focus in the criminal field
- Significant trial experience, including defending a certain amount of felony cases at trial
- A dedication to continuing their legal education in the area of criminal law
Criminal charges can be serious
Criminal charges can have a substantial effect on your freedom, finances, reputation, and more. Even relatively minor charges may result in fines, court costs, probation, loss of your driver’s license, and other consequences that may affect your personal and professional life. More serious charges can result in years in prison and numerous other consequences that can last long after a prison term is over. Because of the long-lasting and serious effects that a criminal conviction may have on your life, you always want to ensure you have the most quality representation possible.
How a criminal defense attorney can assist with your case
Criminal law experts can help with your criminal defense in many important ways, from the time or your arrest to an appeal, if necessary. An experienced criminal defense attorney will know how to protect your rights following an arrest, investigate your case, negotiate a favorable plea bargain,2 defend you at trial, and much more depending on the needs of your specific case. Having an attorney who is certified as an expert in the Florida criminal law system is imperative to achieve the best results possible.
- Are You About to Suffer Courthouse Surprise?
- The #1 mistake people make after the Arrest
- How to Become a Board Certified Criminal Lawyer
- The Importance of Florida Bar Criminal Law Certification
- Who are the best criminal defense lawyers in Florida? Florida criminal law experts, specialists officially certified by The Florida Bar