Citrus County Certified Criminal Law Experts
Many lawyers may claim that they are “experts” or that they “specialize” in criminal law, even though there are strict ethical rules regarding who may make such claims. In Florida, attorneys who successfully achieve board certification from the Florida Bar are the only ones who are ethically able to refer to themselves as “specialists” or “experts” in criminal law. For this reason, if you are ever in need of a criminal defense attorney, you should always look to the database of board certified criminal law experts1 provided by the Florida Bar.
Citrus County List of Criminal Law Experts
There are currently no criminal law attorneys who are certified working out of Citrus County, you may find some in neighboring Marion and Hernando Counties. There are additionally certified criminal lawyers who work with clients throughout the state of Florida.
How is an attorney certified?
The certification process2 set out by the Florida Bar is not an easy one. An attorney must meet the following requirements:
- Demonstrate five years of active legal practice
- Show that, in the past three years, they have committed nearly one-third of their practice to criminal clients
- Have represented clients in at least 20 criminal trials that went to a verdict
- Pass an examination demonstrating their expertise in criminal issues
- Have a certain number of hours of continued legal education classes focused on criminal law
- Pass a peer review
Why do you need a criminal defense attorney?
Too many people who have been arrested believe that they do not need the assistance of an attorney. While you always have the right to represent yourself, clients who are represented by skilled defense attorneys often receive less severe consequences and have a better chance of having their cases completely dismissed.
Contact a certified criminal law expert today
If you need to consult with a criminal defense attorney, you should always seek out a certified criminal law expert to ensure you have the best possible representation in Florida. Do not delay in contacting one of these attorneys today for help with your case.
- Are You About to Suffer Courthouse Surprise?
- The #1 mistake people make after the Arrest
- How to Become a Board Certified Criminal Lawyer
- The Importance of Florida Bar Criminal Law Certification
- Who are the best criminal defense lawyers in Florida? Florida criminal law experts, specialists officially certified by The Florida Bar